Living in a dorm room can be a unique and exciting experience. But it can also be challenging when it comes to creating comfortable and functional living conditions within a limited amount of space. However, with the help of technology, you can make the most of your dorm room and turn it into a place you truly enjoy.
So, let’s draw your attention to the best devices that will help you enjoy your dorm life to its fullest and make your dorm room feel like home.
Students usually spend most of their time sitting in a class or a dorm room in front of a laptop doing homework. Such a sedentary lifestyle, together with stress related to deadlines, exams, and never-ending homework, can have a huge impact on both mental and physical health. To manage your studies and remain healthy, you need to make use of modern technology and services designed to assist students.
For instance, you can check out https://writemy.com/ service in case you are struggling with assignments like writing essays. It delivers high-quality papers at a low price. As for a sedentary lifestyle, if you start noticing that your body hurts after sitting for long periods, you should consider buying a height-adjustable desk.
Such a device is becoming increasingly popular nowadays due to all the information on how a sedentary lifestyle affects posture and increases the risk of various illnesses. In fact, with the ability to adjust to different heights, you can switch between standing and sitting throughout the day, reducing the risk of back pain and eye strain.
However, before purchasing, consider these things:
- Height range;
- Ease of movement;
The same goes for choosing essay writing services. If you are not sure which one will meet your requirements, check out the best assignment services and compare their prices, terms of delivery, and other details. Thus, you will determine which one is worth turning to.
Smart Home Hub
A smart home hub is a device that connects all of your smart devices together. It works as a centralized spot from which you can control lights, locks, thermostats, cameras, etc.
Here is a list of the best smart home hubs that are worth buying:
- Aeotec SmartThings Hub (available at Amazon for $135);
- Echo Show 10 (available at Amazon for $268);
- Google Nest Hub 2nd-gen (available at Google Store for $100);
- Apple HomePod mini (available at Apple Store for $99).
If you want to turn your dorm room into a home theater, a portable projector is a must-have. These compact devices are capable of projecting high-quality images and videos onto any flat surface, making it easy to enjoy movies, TV shows, and video games on the big screen. Portable projectors provide us with a surprisingly wide range of sizes, brightness, and features.
Here is a list of the top-rated models:
- Samsung The Freestyle (available at Amazon for $643);
- Anker Nebula Solar Portable (available at Amazon for $510);
- Optoma ML750e HD-ready (available at Amazon for $577);
- ViewSonic M1 mini Pocket LED Ultra (available at Amazon for $227);
- EZCast Beam J2 DLP (available at Amazon for $280).
Portable Bluetooth Speaker
A portable Bluetooth speaker is an essential gadget for any dorm room. It provides high-quality sound for music and movies, and it can easily be moved from room to room. With the ability to connect to your smartphone or tablet, you can play your favorite songs and playlists from anywhere in your dorm room. Before purchasing, you should consider weather-proofing, battery life, Bluetooth range, and latency.
Here are some models worth purchasing:
- Tribit StormBox Micro 2 (available at Amazon for $51);
- UE Wonderboom 3 (available at Amazon for $130);
- Soundcore Motion+ (available at Amazon for $107);
- Soundcore Trance Go (available at Amazon for $120);
- JBL Flip 6 (available at Amazon for $106);
- Marshall Emberton II (available at Amazon for $170).
Wireless Charging Pad
With the number of devices we use throughout the day, having a wireless charging pad is a must. It makes it easy to keep all of your devices charged and ready to go without having to deal with tangled wires or multiple power outlets. You can choose one of these models:
- Spigen Convertible (available at Amazon for $38);
- Samsung Wireless Charger Duo (available at Amazon for $47);
- Google Pixel Stand (2nd Gen) (available at Google Store for $79);
- Belkin 3-in-1 (available at Amazon for $101);
- Spigen 15W Wireless Charging pad (available at Amazon for $22);
- Moshi Lounge Q (available at Amazon for $105).
Smart Coffee Maker
A smart coffee maker is a perfect device for coffee lovers. Firstly, such a gadget allows you to set a timer, so your coffee is ready when you wake up. Secondly, it lets you place your coffee order from your phone or tablet. And lastly: you can plug in your preferences, be it temperature, aroma, or strength.
Smart lamps provide a new level of convenience and control over lighting. Such devices are compact enough to fit any desk or table setup. Also, they offer a wide range of light color options. You can choose from different shades of white or every other color of the rainbow. Besides, you can control them with your voice, smartphone, or tablet.
Look no further than these smart lamps:
- Lepro Smart Table Lamp;
- Philips Hue Iris;
- Govee Lyra;
- Globe Electric Smart Table Lamp.
Oscillating fans are a must for dorm rooms, especially when temperatures rise. Such a device is a good alternative to an air conditioner – a prohibited item in dorms. You can buy it for around $20 and enjoy a breeze with your roommate.
To Sum It Up
The gadgets stated above will definitely turn your dorm room into a more comfortable, functional, and fun place. So, why not upgrade your dorm room with a few of these new gadgets and see how they can make your college life easier and more enjoyable?