Lots of us have found ourselves extremely bored at times during the pandemic. Due to the deadly virus spreading across the globe, experts have advised us to stay at home to help reduce the number of cases of Covid-19. Many spend day in day out without leaving the house. Very little contact sport is taking place at the moment, bars and restaurants are still closed in many areas, and the same goes for cinemas and other public areas. Trying to find new ways to get excited and have fun is proving difficult.
To avoid feeling bored, people throughout the world like to game online. There are several different games available, many of which are multi-player allowing several players to play at any one time. There are so many games out there, that you are bound to find a game that suits you.
This multi-billion dollar industry is huge at the moment, which is only going to get bigger over the next few years. Nowadays, gamers and viewers like to go one step further, as bookmakers offer them a chance to put a wager on these games.
Gambling on Online Gaming is still in its Infancy
Although the figures show there is a large number of people gambling on online gaming, it is a fraction of the number of people who like to put money on sports betting, like soccer or horse racing. Although gambling on online gaming is in its early days, people in the industry are very excited and feel it is inevitable that it will continue to grow in popularity each year.
Online gaming can be played 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, without having to worry about the weather. Unlike other sports which can only be played at certain times of the year.
If you don’t game and you are thinking about getting into it, perhaps downloading a few games to see what suits you best. If you have a lot of free time on your hands due to the pandemic, perhaps now is a good time to learn the ropes before you start gambling. If you don’t want to play, sites like Vamos GG allow members to log in and watch live gamers online battle it out. The site provides odds and allows people to put their money on who they feel is going to win.
During the Pandemic, People of all ages have been Gaming Online
Many assume that online gaming is for kids or adult males in their thirties. However, research now shows that people of all ages are taking part due to the pandemic.
- In 2020, there was an increase of 59% of people between the ages of 45 and 55 gaming online. Their dollar spend was 76% higher than the previous year.
- Those aged between 55 and 64 rose by 48% and their dollar spend rose by 73%.
- Many people aged over 65 years also got into online gaming, with a 45% increase plus a 29% increase in dollar spend.
There is a huge market that developers want to tap into, and they are planning to make games specifically for the older generation. Some of the most popular online games amongst older people are Candy Crush, Backgammon, card games, and puzzles. Before the pandemic, many older people would have taken part in physical games of Poker, Bridge, etc. However, with the older generation being in the highest risk category when it comes to Covid-19, many have opted not to take the risk and enjoy gaming from the comfort of their own home.
Experts are still unsure whether this trend will continue after the pandemic.
The Games are Good Fun
Gaming has come a long way since the days of the Atari or Gameboy. Nowadays, games are so advanced and the graphics implemented into most games make them look and feel realistic. The gameplay in most games allows users to develop their skills to new levels. Although dominating your favorite game is awesome, watching and gambling on some of the best gamers on the planet is pretty exciting too.
There are an array of games available. You can purchase and download them online or you can buy a copy in a game store. The most popular devices that allow you to play games are the following devices:
- Nintendo Switch
The graphics cards built into some of these machines help improve both the gameplay and the graphics. Gamers often like to purchase more accessories to enhance their gaming experience. Gaming headphones with built-in microphones which allow you to communicate with other gamers is a popular option, along with gaming chairs and wide screens. Although you can purchase a gaming PC, many people like to build and maintain their own. This allows them to add powerful graphics cards and increase their ram whenever they want.
For most online games, you need a fast internet connection. A slow connection will make the game sluggish and you might find yourself getting kicked off the game.
What are the Most Popular Online Games?
With countless games to choose from, these are some of the most popular games online:
- Playerunkown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG): This first-person shooter game allows 99 players to partake at one time. The game was released in 2018 and is available on android devices, IOS, the XBOX, and the Playstation. This was the 2020s most played online game around the world. This is mostly played by young people. The idea of the game is to survive until the end so you can get the “chicken dinner”.
- Fifa 2021: This multiplayer soccer game is one of the most popular sports games online on the market. The game is packed with tons of features and allows users to play on or offline. There are online leagues and cup competitions. This is a very popular game to gamble on. Unlike other soccer games, this has every famous football team in the world, including genuine jerseys and real soccer players’ names. It is available on PC, Playstation, and XBOX. There is a mobile game available too, however, the graphics and gameplay are nothing like what you would see on a gaming console or a PC.
- Minecraft: This game has no limits to what the player can do. The game allows the users to create their own world inside the game. Minecraft has been around for 10 years, and it appeals to folks of all ages. Over 90 million people play the game around the world. It is available on the PC, IOS, Linux operating system, and Android devices.
Before you spend your hard-earned money on these games, most gaming companies allow users to download a trial version of the game to help promote their product. This is a great way for gamers to try before they buy. Sometimes this will let you play the game for a limited time only, however other offers let you play a limited part of the game, once you pay you will be able to access the full version.
Although the pandemic has been tough on most of us, modern technology has helped us with keeping ourselves entertained. Streaming platforms like Twitch and YouTube allow us to stream live games for free. Once you start to learn more about each game, whether it’s playing or watching, helps you have a better idea of how to gamble your cash.
Although gambling online can be great fun, you must be careful. Gambling can be a very dangerous addiction, and users are advised to be cautious with their money.